I'm a machine learning engineer and a fullstack developer.
At 15 years old, I skipped highschool and entered university as the youngest student.
At 16, I published 2 mobile games with 2K total installs.
At 17, I was the youngest software engineering intern at Fave and started freelancing. I have worked with 20+ clients since then.
At 18, I started my own programming club, organized 7+ workshops, mentored students, and led several teams to competitions.
At 19, I co-authored a machine learning paper with MIT, have won 5+ hackathons, wrote 7+ technical articles with 100K+ total views, and also obtained 2 Microsoft certifications (Azure AI Engineer & Data Scientist Associate).
At 20, I graduated as valedictorian of my class with 4 academic awards and was awarded Top 10 Young Talent by MonStar Award out of 900+ nominees.
At 21, I freelanced as ML engineer/researcher specializing on generative AI with companies and individuals internationally while exploring the world by trying new activities.
● Co-authored 'CreativeGAN' conference paper for ASME IDETC-CIE with MIT DeCoDE Lab.
● Trained segmentation, generative, and novelty detection networks on a new dataset and integrated the networks for creative bike design synthesis.
● Python, Tensorflow, PyTorch, OpenCV, High-Performance Computing (HPC)
● Developed anomaly detection model for component defects with 90% accuracy.
● Implemented a few-shot classification model for electrical components
● Increased reporting efficiency by 30x by automating model performance report generation.
● Ported a web application for data labeling into a desktop application.
● Developed 1 chatbot, 5 ML tasks, 6 websites, and 4 mobile apps for businesses/individuals.
● Fixed various bugs, wrote unit tests, and refactored a large Rails app.
● Increased reporting efficiency by 120x by automating PDF report generation.
● Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS, Git, CI/CD, Sentry, JIRA, Agile, and Kanban
A detailed, step-by-step write-up on how I built Text2Art.com
Learn how to train an AI to generate any images you want
Sneak peek into the future of digital arts
Learn how to generate this cool anime faces interpolation
In this codelab, you're going to build a simple movie app using Flutter and TMDB API. Your app will fetch the data of several movies from TMDB, and show it in a beautiful list on the app.
In this codelab, you're going to build a simple stopwatch app with neumorphism design. The app will also have the additional functionality of timer.
Rashad worked as a software developer intern in my team in Fave . His responsibilities were requirements gathering, analysis, design of features, fixing bugs and improving some parts of our codebase. During the course of his internship, he proved himself to be a fast learner. I was always impressed by his pull request descriptions. I found it very clear and it gave me enough context to understand what he was working on. He solves problems on his own and asks for feedback on how he can improve his skills in software development. With the right guidance, I'm pretty sure that he is going to be successful as a software developer.
Engineering Lead, Fave
15/11/2021 - Fathy Rashad: A Self-Starter Who Creates Opportunities for Himself - UTP
10/11/2021 - Hard work pays off - The Star
01/11/2021 - 문장 입력하면 ‘그림 완성’ 인공지능 신세계 연다 - Hankyoreh
30/10/2021 - UTP undergrad publishes joint conference paper with MIT - The Borneo Post
17/10/2021 - UTP學生姆哈末法迪國際工程^支術會議發表論文 - Sin Chew Media Corporation
30/09/2021 - UTP Computer Engineering student publishes paper with MIT - BERNAMA